Carpet Recycling UK helps the UK carpet and textile flooring sector to be more sustainable
Carpet Recycling UK is an independent non-profit membership association working with manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, fit out companies, contractors, retailers, fitters and the waste sector to divert carpet waste from landfill. Set up in 2008 by industry leaders, Carpet Recycling UK works to foster strategic collaborations and networks to develop viable solutions for carpet and other textile flooring waste.
With our network spanning the carpet supply chain and waste recovery sector, this allows our members to take advantage of emerging opportunities in carpet recycling including sustainable raw materials for manufacture, reuse of products, take-back schemes and identifying reuse and recycling outlets nationwide, or innovations in material processing.
Carpet Recycling UK’s manager Adnan Zeb-Khan says: “We are seeing an emerging trend where more commercial developers are requesting that projects incorporate sustainable flooring which can include repurposed commercial carpet tiles, as well as specifying products made with recycled content or designed with take back and recycling in mind. Fit out companies are coming directly to us to find new uses for materials which would historically have been wasted to landfill, and they recognise the value of working with our network to save resources. Designers and installers are reducing fitting waste through careful planning and design.”
With a membership of over 100 companies, core funding comes from carpet companies who are ahead of the game and taking voluntary producer responsibility, these are Balsan, Betap, Brintons, Cormar, Tarkett DESSO, ege Carpets, Headlam Lifestyle Floors, Milliken and Shaw. Our core funders are taking voluntary producer responsibility for the products they place on the market and are strategic supporters of Carpet Recycling UK, working together to help us to disseminate latest information to and represent the carpet and textile flooring industry in the UK and international marketplace.
Carpet Recycling UK works to:
- Develop strategic collaborations and networks to use carpet waste as a resource.
- Proactively engage with the sector to find new and developing end uses for recycled carpet.
- Identify appropriate reuse and recycling options for carpet waste including take-back schemes.
- Engage with members to understand and respond to changing market conditions.
- Influence environmental legislation and promote the sector to policy makers.
- Disseminate industry developments at conferences, trade events and exhibitions.
- Initiate research into processing carpet waste materials and publishing results.
- Support and promote members’ environmental and sustainable achievements.
Contact us carpetrecyclinguk.com