New Mastic Asphalt RIBA CPD Presentation
The Mastic Asphalt Council (MAC) has launched its first ever RIBA-approved CPD presentation entitled ‘Black to the Future’.
The presentation covers:
- What mastic asphalt is, its history and its relevance in today’s market
- Performance benefits such as durability, waterproofing and fire safety
- Specification of mastic asphalt to achieve sustainability targets
- Design considerations when specifying mastic asphalt versus alternative materials
- Diversity of mastic asphalt applications
The seminar discusses how mastic asphalt may be perceived as an old fashioned building material, but like many long-lasting materials, it is being re-imagined and modified and re-examined as a highly relevant building material for today.
Sustainability is a key area of discussion and the fact that any project receiving the performance benefits of an advanced mastic asphalt system will receive a 100% CO2 neutral solution. Design considerations are discussed, such as weight loading, access requirements and speed of installation. Alternative options and lifecycle costs are analysed, as well as the diversity of mastic asphalt applications for both new build and refurbishment projects for the entire building envelope, including roofing, paving, screeding, flooring, car parking and tanking.
The new RIBA-approved presentation lasts approximately one hour and counts towards CPD points. To arrange a CPD presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org