Fernsby Hall Tapestries
Made in the picturesque village of Furneux Pelham in Hertfordshire where Catriona grew up, Designer Diana Fernsby has made Catriona Hall’s quirky pictures into a range of tapestries suited to cushions.
Each kit comprises a printed canvas with 12 holes to the inch and all the Appletons tapestry wool necessary to complete the image. Click here to view the tapestry kits in our shop, or view our popular tapestries below.
How the kits are produced
Diana doesn’t have a physical shop. Everything is done in her workroom or kitchen.
The process is as follows:
1) Ask her friend Kate for a specific design or use an existing one.
2) Scale-up the design.
3) Draw the design onto canvas.
4) Select the wool.
5) Stitch the design herself to make sure it works.
6) Work out the quantity of wool.
7) Stretch the canvas.
8) Count stitches onto the computer and send it to the printer.
9) Choose all relevant wools.
10) Bag up the printed canvas,+ wool, needle, a photograph of finished kit instructions and linen bag.